Autumn Felt Coaster DIY Tutorial
Felt – variety of fall like colors
Variegated embroidery floss
1. Print templates onto heavy paper, cut out templates and pin to felt. Cut closely around the templates with detail scissors to cut out shapes – 2 each of the large leaf shape per color that you are using, 1 large acorn shape, and 2 colors of brown for the top and bottom of the acorn.
2. Pin the top of the acorn to the bottom so there is about a ¼ inch overlap, use a straight stitch to secure the top to the bottom.
3. Next, stitch 3 large cross stitches on the top of your acorn for decoration.
4. Finish by layering your front piece to your full acorn shape and straight stitch all the way around the edge, knot and tie on the back when you are finished.
5. To make your leaf, using one left shape, layer your leaf center and stitch in place with a straight stitch.
6. Then layer your other leaf shape behind it and straight stitch all the way around the edge.
There you have it! Stitch up a bunch for your Thanksgiving or Autumn party table, make several and put a stitch through the top with some string to make a fun garland, or use the shapes to appliqué a placemat or pillow.
|This Tutorial is also appearing on Sew Mama Sew Blog - we're also doing a Giveaway for a copy of Happy Stitch so head over to Sew Mama Sew and comment for a chance to win!|